Tuesday, April 17, 2012

new work: rainbows and ramones

Death of Sasha
If you have been following this blog for awhile, you might remember Sasha as the swishy one in fancy clothes (the entry is "Looking for Sasha").  This is his death... Sasha's gift is his all-seeing vision.  He has rainbow colored eyes that can see anything he wishes no matter how far away, and also some clairvoyance.  He was blind for a while which broke his heart.  In death, he can see again.

(detail of Sasha)

Dee Dee
This is a picture from the childhood (or teenager-hood, which to me is still childhood) of the seven children.  Misha, whose gift is turning into fire, used to sneak out to clubs and go dancing. He tried to keep his identity secret by calling himself Dee Dee (I got that from Dee Dee Ramone because I think Misha would have liked the Ramones, if they existed in Fehran...) but his disguise is rather pointless because the habit of turning into fire sort of gives him away.

The blonde girl in the foreground is Noel, Misha's first love.

In the Schoolroom
Another one from the kids' childhood.  Misha, Leila, Ariel, and Salix question their teacher about the faraway city of Iirvska.

detail from In the Schoolroom.
I got Misha's outfit and hair off Ben Wishaw in the movie "I'm not There" because Melissa and I thought he was cool.  Hopefully I will not get sued or anything.

*note of self-praise from Brooke: check out the (relative) lucidity of these pix!  I am learning to photograph art!  yay.


No comments:

Post a Comment